My roommate, Beth, and I ran a 5K this morning called "Fun Run With Your Honey Bun"... Beth was my honey bun :) The race was a bit comical though because, this being the first year hosting a race, only 8 people showed up. But I won't complain because since the top 5 runners got t-shirts... I won a t-shirt!! It feels good to be running again. To have that adrenal pumping through my veins and feeling an endorphin high.

I love to run.

Blake came and watched me run, and then he took my out to breakfast at Waffle House. Mmm.. good 'ole Waffle House. And so now I'm at work, fighting boredom. The library is expectedly slow on weekends. I decided that my job is perfect for anyone with OCD. All I do it walk around the library every hour to straighten things, push in any books that are knocked slightly out of place, check to make sure doors are locked and secure, confirm that the alarms are set, and count all the people in the library. It's quite repetitive, but it's a job.

Blake and I are taking off to Athens after I get off work and our friend, Natalie, is coming along. Athens is such a cool town-- lots of coffee shops, artsy people, and plenty to do.

Side note: I learned how to make biscotti and it's sooooo yummy! Last night, I experimented with a few ingredients. I made some that were honey/almond and some that were cranberry/chocolate/pecan. They're my new favorite thing to bake and Blake's new favorite thing to eat :)

2 comments:

Land of Lovings said...

You should totally post your Biscotti recipe 'cause I've always wanted to learn how to make it!

Harvey Globetrotters said...

speaking of running- your 1/2 marathon is coming up soon. How is the trainning!??

Em