Unfortunately, I wasn't planning on being sick the week prior to my half marathon race. But that's what happened. Gosh, this whole weeks just seems like a blur. I started with a cough on Saturday, and then it progressively got worse. By Monday, I had the aches and pains. Blake ended up taking me to the emergency room Monday night because I had woken up in the middle of the night with severe back pain and pressure in my chest. I called him crying, and he was over in less the 2 minutes (I don't know how he did it.) I threw up trying to relieve the pain-- weird feeling to throw up from pain, versus nausea. Long story short, I was at the hospital until 5am doing tests and the doctor thought it was just the flu, so he gave me some prescriptions. I basically slept the entire 2-3 days that followed, and I'll have a lot to catch up on next week. I'm feeling better now than I did at the beginning of the week, but a bit discouraged that I won't be running my race. My body's just way too weak at this point.

So... if anyone is interested in running 13.1 miles this Sunday, then you're welcome to run in my place :)

Disclaimer: the little girl dressed up as Pippy Long Stockings in the picture is not me ;-) It was just a picture I liked from a Swedish photographer and thought it was fitting.

0 comments: