I got home from my weekend in Atlanta and found a letter from GC&SU on my desk. Blake sat next to me while I opened it, and then I was surprised to find out that I was accepted to their nursing program! I've stopped myself a few times today to just go, "wow, I'm actually in. meaning.. I can actually be a nurse!" It's a strange feeling.

I still have 3 more schools to hear from, and Blake is also waiting on 3 schools. We've both been praying through this whole process because we're obviously wanting to be in the same city, or neighboring schools, for the next 2 and 8 year commitments we're making for our careers. This will all be very interesting as we wait to find out our acceptances and watch it all unfold. I have to turn in my intent to enroll by March 15, even though Blake's interview isn't until March 19. Strange situation. My adviser said that these things happen all the time, that I should just turn in my intent, and then worst case scenario is that I lose the $50 from my deposit if I decide on another school.

So where will I be next year? I don't know. And it's kind of fun not knowing

:)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Juli!! For those of us out West, what are GC and SU???

Juli said...

it stands for Georgia College & State University. It's the school I'm at right now, but then you have to specially apply for the nursing program.

Harvey Globetrotters said...

Congratulations Juli! Like I said on facebook..you are going to be such a compassionate and wise nurse! I totally know the feeling of shock. You want to be in the program for so long and then all of a sudden a door opens up and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm excited for you and Blake as you set the paths you will be on for the next couple of years. Keep us posted on your decisions.

Noelle said...

Congratulations! How exciting!!!