It's been a while since I've updated, and a lot has happened-- had friends visit, I turned 21, and Blake had his med school interview.

But I wanted to be sure to make a post to tell everyone to watch Dateline tonight at 9pm (EST). Some of you might remember me talking about an accident that was at my school during my freshman year of college, which killed 5 people. It had a huge affect on my the campus, and was something I never want to have to experience again. Another freshman girl on my wing, Whitney, was pronounced dead and our whole wing traveled up to Grand Rapids for her funeral. All of us in Whitney's small group had circled around her coffin to pray and mourn before the actual ceremony. We then returned to campus and watched people take all of Whitney's possessions out of her room, while her roommate cried and cried. It was a horrible time.

5 week later I got a phone call from my roommate, "Juli.... Whitney's not dead. She's alive!"

It didn't make sense. There was no way-- I was at her funeral. Tragically, Whitney's body had been mistaken with another student's body, Laura, and all this time she was being treated at the hospital (Laura's family believing their daughter had survived.) While my heart rejoiced for Whitney's family, a felt a sudden drop of sorrow for Laura's.

It's something I still can't understand-- how did they make the mistake and why would God allow this? And while I still don't have the answers, I was encouraged to watch Whitney speak on the Today Show this morning showing confidence in God.

Here is a link to more of her story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23824767/

Don't forget to watch tonight!!!

1 comments:

Epi.Chooses.Joy said...

So wait, how did the interview go? When does he find out?

And sure (in response to the voicemail. When do you need it?