So I was just talking to my Thai roommate on Skype, and she said that she had been browsing through some of the youtube videos about Bangkok (her home city) and found me in one of them! When I was in Lithuania, Nan and I participated in something called the "Free Hugs" Campaign. Basically, you walk through the streets holding up signs-- in English and Lithuanian-- that say "free hugs". There's a funny twist to my story because whenever I went up to hug some of the elderly Lithuanians, they literally picked me up and pat me on the butt. No joke. It really caught me off guard, until another Lithuanian explained to me that that's what they do to children. Apparently, my fuzzy hat and thick scarf disguised me from revealing my true age...

So anyways, Nan gave me this link to a video someone made about the campaign. You'll find me on 1.07

Oh, and สวัสดีปีใหม่ค่ะ!!! Meaning, Happy Thai New Year!!!!

0 comments: