I was going through my old journal today, something I do when I need some encouragement and a reminder of God's faithfulness. I came across this entry from last summer, July 30, and it made me smile :)

"Blake did the best thing for me yesterday. I had just gotten in an argument with my mom and, being upset, I went for a run. I was crying and screaming when Blake pulled up in his Jeep next to me. He opened his door, gave me a hug, and then lifted me up into the car. As I cried and told him everything that happened, he drove over to Mary Alice Park. And when he parked, he looked over to me and said gently, 'I want you to get out of this car, keep your running shoes on, and then run straight forward into the lake water.' He knows me well :) As I fell facedown into the water, I felt freedom. I met silence underwater, and I felt weightless. He came in soon after me, and we both laughed with free spirits. I don't think he realized what that really meant to me. That was the best way that he could love me in that moment."

0 comments: